Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June Limited Edition Kit Flower Inspiration by Sandi Clarkson

Design Team member Sandi Clarkson is featuring our June Limited Edition Kit today with tips for creating fabulous dimensional paper flowers!

--------------------


Hello, My Creative Scrapbook fans! Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a few quick photos that I took as I was assembling the Basic Grey Fresh Flower Kit that came in the June Limited Edition Kit. There are so many ways to use these adorable petals but I opted to put them together as per the Flower Kit photo. However, I knew that I didn't want them to be perfectly "flat."


After inking the edges, I misted my petals with a small amount of water and let them dry for a bit. Them I used one of my jewelry making tools to crimp each petal a bit. I grasped the petal in the center, then hold the petal as I give it a clockwise twist with my wrist. 


It's kind of hard to explain, so hopefully these photos will help.  Excuse my thumb .. it's hard taking photos of yourself when you really need both hands to do what you're doing! :) 


Another close-up. 


Then I assemble the flower making sure that I rotate each layer to fill in the gap from below. 

Once I have them layered, I place them in the palm of my hand and use a round tool to cup the middle just a bit. You could also use your mouse pad but I like using my hands. 


Mind you, I was working very quickly. I could have gone on all day primping these flowers, curling under edges etc but I simply wanted them crimped to look more natural and give them some height. They would look awesome with some glitter or diamond dust! 


Here's a look at all four. 


Then I inked the greenery and crimped them as well. 


The final touch was adding gesso to edges to soften them and shabby them up. 


I tucked in a few 3 dimensional flowers from the My Creative Scrapbook Kit and made myself a fine little cluster! 


I also cut the flowers from the packaging and used those in one corner along with one crimped flower and greenery.  No sense wasting them! 

That's it from me today. Can't wait to see what you do with yours! 
Thanks for coming by! 

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Sandi’s beautiful work.

Here's the June Limited Edition Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: