Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How to Create Paper Ruffles with Punches by Sandi Clarkson

Sandi Clarkson is featuring our October Limited Edition Kit today with instructions for creating her paper ruffles on her pretty pink layout!

--------------------


Hello, everyone! Sandi here with you today to share how I created the fun ruffles on my pink "Lucy" page! I don't do that much punch work anymore but I wanted to do something a little bit different and this is the very first thing that popped into my head! 


I've used primarily the Prima Coffee Break Aromatic Blend paper along with 4 inches of side B of the Cup O' Joe paper (pictured in lower photos.) Trim everything into 2 inch strips, 6 of the pink and 2 of the black and white.


 Then I began using some random border punches being sure that they were all of a similar nature and that none were a deep-edged punch. 


I began laying them out until I got a rough idea how I wanted them to be. You can see here that I initially planned to perhaps place a black strip at the top.  Later, I decided to go all pink at the top and let the black and white paper serve as a petticoat effect at the bottom. 


Then I made tick marks on my pink card stock on both the right and left margin at 1.5", 3", 4.5", 6", 7.5", 9", 10.5" and of course 12" being the last marker.  Once you have your tick marks, all you have to do is start taping your pieces your pieces down. I fiddled with mine a bit to ruffle the bottoms upwards once I had a rough idea where my photo and embellishments were going to be placed. 


I forgot to take a final photo until I was further along in my process but here is one as I was getting ready to do some inking with my stencil and black ink. Ruffles is certainly one way to give your layout a girly look! 

Thanks for coming by and taking a peek! 

--------------------

You can see more of Sandi's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the October Limited Edition Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

2 comments:

famillemarleau said...

It's a very beautiful page. Love the ruffles. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

heavenly_72 said...

What a great idea!!!!! I have afew pics of Lucy when I went to Florida and what a great idea this is to finally be able to use my pics!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!!