Friday, April 18, 2014

Saving Paper when Layering by Angel Rodrigue

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Angel Rodrigue is up today with a tutorial featuring our April Main Kit!

Here's Angel:

>>><<<

Ever wondered how you can make your paper go further in your kit? Well if you like to use alot of paper like I do then you just might want to watch how I did the Honey Bee layout for using the April Kit..

I always start out with a base cardstock.(I like the sturdiness of it).
Then I picked two sheets I though would look nice together.

I then cut the inside out using my paper trimmer I put it about a inch inside the mark and do this all around.

Then I take the next sheet and  do the same trimming the sheet down a bit first so it leaves a boarder as shown below..

Then I use  the back side of the first drop off piece .

Then the reverese side of the last piece that was dropped off..
There you have it the look of 4 layers using only two sheets of paper.
This lets you use the back and front sides as well for those of us that like both sides..

Then you add your photos and embellishments the way you like..

Here is a few close ups of my finished layout..



>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Angel's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the April Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.