Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How to Add Subtle Color and Texture with Paint and a Stencil by Missy Whidden

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Missy Whidden is up today with a color and texture tutorial featuring our March Main Kit!

Here's Missy:

>>><<<

Hi, everyone!  Missy here today.  I  got to play with the March Main Kit this month, and here are all of my projects and a little tutorial for you.

Sometimes I like to try something a little different when it comes to adding color and texture to my projects.  I'm a huge fan of mist, gesso, watercolors and modeling paste. I wanted to add a pop of subtle color & texture to my page without getting too messy.  I decided to try acrylic paint with a stencil, and the result was great!  Here's how I did it:


Here is the page I used this technique on...the color is just right...not too bold and not to distracting.  And I like that it's still a little messy, but it doesn't take away from the photos.


Here are my other projects I created using the Main Kit.  What an amazing collection this is!


I also created three cards...fun, quick and easy!  The perfect way to use up your scraps :)


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Missy's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great technique. Thanks for sharing!