Monday, December 9, 2013

How to Create A Unique Background on Cardstock with Stamps, Embossing Powder, and Watercolors by Missy Whidden

Hello everyone! Today My Creative Scrapbook design team member Missy Whidden kicks off our December tutorials featuring our December Main Kit!

Here's Missy:

>>><<<

Hi, everyone!  If you're like me, sometimes you like to create your own unique background on cardstock instead of using patterned paper.  Incorporating cardstock into your layouts will also help stretch your kit further.  Today, I'm showing how I created an embossed stamped image to create a background pattern.  I then added some color to it by using watercolors.

I used a different stamp and colors for this tutorial.  Here's how I did it...it's fun and pretty simple!


Now here is the page I created using my kit featuring this technique.  I used a tree trunk stamp and then used a few different tones of brown and some green to give it some life.


You can see it up close here.


I've been wanting to try out this fun technique for a while, and I'm glad I did!  It's really neat and it's pretty hard to mess up.  Plus, adding the watercolor is fun, too!  There were no browns in the papers for this layout, so I was able to use my paints as a way to incorporate it where I wanted it.

I hope this inspires you to give wet embossing a try!

>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Missy's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: